You may have noticed the recent drop in temperature in the UK hasn’t been helping with the dark winter mornings. It can be a bit of a struggle to get out of bed and start your day positively.
This is the time of year when it’s very important to make your morning ritual as easy and pleasant as possible and your bathroom is an excellent place to start. I’ve come up with some interior design tips along with recommendations of products that will help make your bathroom a sanctuary. I’m a little obsessed with spas and their luxurious atmosphere, but I do believe you can create that feeling at home too.
- Choose warm fluffy egyptian cotton towels to make it feel as though you’re in a spa at home, I normally go for white to keep things neutral.
- Dot diffusers around the bathroom and choose oils and bubble baths that include naturally relaxing ingredients such as lavender, chamomile, benzoin, bergamot, cedarwood and jasmine.
- Underfloor heating takes the edge off the cold dash to the bathroom and once you’re in, the feeling under your feet is like a warm stone massage.
- The most important thing in a bathroom is your shower. My favourite is the rainforest shower; it gives you a feeling of total immersion and you can imagine you’re under a tropical rain cloud. Browse Mira’s collection of electric showers on their site, they have a wide range of styles to suit your bathroom.
- Choose a picture from a recent holiday, maybe of a beach you’ve visited or a forest, this will bring back happy memories of your summer and enable you to transport yourself back to that special place, even just for 20 minutes during your morning shower.