Jodie Jones lends her expertise in fashion to deliver her pick of the Top 10 Women’s Winter Coats. Whether you are Christmas shopping for that special someone or buying for yourself, you are sure to find something that fits the bill here. What’s more, all items are available at Harrods, which means you don’t have to worry about compromising on quality this winter.
1. Carven’s gorgeous wool, silk and mohair blend coat provides a great cocoon for nestling away from the winter wind. The boxy, double-breasted style will add a touch of androgyny to any woman’s wardrobe and looks great when paired with sleek black skinny jeans and a simple white blouse. Finish off with a pair of this season’s must-have leather gloves. £660.
2. Yves Saint Laurent offers pure luxury in the form of this stunning, long-line winter coat. Soft and lightweight yet unmistakably warm, this chic jacket features gentle metallic lapels and boasts a virgin wool and silk mix composition. Cinch in at the waist to emulate the looks from the YSL catwalk and team with a sleek statement leather handbag to evoke fresh Parisian style.£2, 699.
3. St John’s classic red coat with fine tailoring and minimal detail adds a welcome of splash of colour to a winter wardrobe. Festive and iconic, red is the quintessential woman’s hue. And incase you are ever in doubt, take a leaf out of Diana Vreeland’s book: “Red is the great clarifier – bright, cleansing, revealing. It makes all colors beautiful”. £950.
4. This adorable brocade princess coat by Red Valentino is the perfect party dress accompaniment for the Christmas season. Featuring bejeweled collar and cuffs, this empire line beauty will keep you warm whilst you are out celebrating over the festive period. Team with nude heels and clutch bag to let the coat do the talking. £850.
5. Joseph’s sumptuous take on military chic is a piece that can be cherished forever. With its wool and cashmere composition, Joseph ensures the wearer will not have to compromise their sophisticated style in favour of warmth; believe it or not a constant battle when the climate drops! The golden buttons, small collar and flared back keeps the simple piece alive with intriguing details. £595.
6. Paule Ka’s utterly elegant covering is an investment piece. The woolen body features a double-breasted fastening whilst the removable silver fox fur collar adds instant glamour. Its neutral colour palette offers maximum wearability, ensuring it will sit effortlessly amongst your wardrobe’s other prized possessions. £1, 340.
7. This black shearling winter coat from Karen Millen offers a twist on the classic trench coat. The finest sheepskin will keep you warm and stylish as a flattering waist belt creates shape and the leather detailing plays with texture. Wear during the day over skinny jeans and a crisp white blouse or wear with your chicest LBD in the evening. £1, 200.
8. Armani Collezioni’s beautiful raspberry-hued coat is the ultimate ladies’ jacket. Collarless, so you can choose scarves, furs or shawls to accent accordingly and nipped in at the waist creating feminine lines. Pair with jewel tones to keep the overall look elegant and regal. £699.
9. The ultimate outdoor specialists, Belstaff, have lent their more than capable hands to create this gorgeous amalgamation of textures. Undeniably luxe, this piece combines wool, cashmere, shearling and satin to create an inviting end product which screams with practicality and style. £2, 899.
10. Our final installment of Top Ten Women’s Winter Coats is this flawlessly minimalist Brunello Cucinelli coat. Dove grey in colour, it will blend simply into your wardrobe and be your staple go-to piece. The funnel collar and sharply cut single lapel finely demonstrates Cucinelli’s signature precision. £2, 550.
To see more, or to purchase any of the items above, simply click each image or visit Harrods.Com.