As one of the most quintessentially British events of the Season gets underway, we take a look at the items which will ensure you enjoy this year’s Wimbledon Championships to the fullest.
1. If the rain stays away and instead, the sun decides to make a rare appearance, this fabulous sun cream from the Sol de Janeiro range at Brummels of London will keep you protected during that five setter.
Sol De Janeiro factor 30 sun protection, Brummells of London, £18.90. brummellsoflondon.com
2. Official eyewear to the umpires and line judges and supported by tennis star, Boris Becker, Wimbledon eyewear from renowned spectacle manufacturers, Rodenstock will keep your eyes protected from the sun and ensure you have the clearest vision possible whilst spectating at this year’s Championships.
2012 Wimbledon Eyewear Collection, Available UK-wide from leading opticians, rodenstock.com, £99
3. For those of you who are taking a large party to the Championships this year, this picnic hamper from the new ‘Silver by Aston Martin’ Collection will ensure everyone is catered for and enjoying fine dining on Henman Hill. ‘Silver by Aston Martin’ picnic hamper, grantmacdonald.com/astonmartin or from Harrods from the 30th July, £2,750.
4. Want to picnic in luxury on Henman Hill this year? Then you will have to take this stunning Avoca lambswool blanket.
Avoca lambswool picnic blanket, amara.co.uk, £166.50
5. Pop open your Wimbledon picnic wine with this hand crafted Juniper Handle Sommelier Corkscrew from Forge de Laguiole at amara.co.uk, £121
6. If you want to see your favourite tennis stars up close and personal then these Swarovski Optik EL 32 Swarovision binoculars are the perfect accessory for you.
Swarovski Optik EL 32 Swarovision binoculars, swarovskioptik.com, £1,570
7. Or for those of you who would prefer a more serious tipple to steady the nerves during a tense Murray match, this rather extraordinary three piece hip-flask set, also from Daines & Hathaway if your perfect Wimbledon accessory.
Daines & Hathaway Leather triple bar set, amara.co.uk, £159
8. Keep yourself warm courtside if you happen to have been unfortunate enough to visit on one of the rainier days with this leather Hunters flask which will ensure your warm beverage stays that way.
Daines & Hathaway Leather Hunters Flask, amara.co.uk, £79
9. Want the perfect hamper to enjoy in between matches? Then look no further than this special British Summer edition from our favourite hamper company, Little Luxuries Wrapped with Love, containing a selection of chocolates, jams, wine, teas and bath soaks for when you return home after a long day at the tennis.
Wimbledon Hamper, littleluxurieswrappedwithlove.com, £115
10. The ‘Tribrella’ from Fulton Umbrellas is your must-have Wimbledon item this season. This umbrella is multi-purpose with a practical clamp for easy attachment to a chair or table, and a spike for ground stability. The perfect prop to cover the picnic blanket in a sudden downpour on Henman Hill.
‘Tribrella’, fultonumbrellas.com, £50
11. Get as fit as Rafa whilst visiting the championship this year with these smart and chic navy Fit-flop boat shoes. Specially designed for comfort all day long, these will keep your feet pain free during a long day at the tennis.
Monty navy ‘boater’ moccasin, £95, fitlfop.co.uk